Virginia in partnership with Tourism Exchange USA
What is the Tourism Exchange?
Tourism Exchange USA is a B2B marketplace that provides an online booking and channel management solution for Virginia’s tourism-facing businesses — accommodations, tours, attractions — with no upfront costs.
By partnering with globally recognized distribution channels like Booking.com, Expedia, Google, and more, The Exchange enables Virginia’s tourism businesses to get connected to a wide range of niche distributors, ultimately expanding their sales, boosting their profitability, and reaching more visitors from around the world.
Key Highlights and Benefits
- The Exchange provides multiple technology options for no upfront costs for both suppliers and distributors, helping small businesses on both sides of product development and distribution stay relevant in today’s digital economy.
- Increase reach and reduce distribution costs for Virginia’s suppliers to improve profitability.
- Easily access a range of distribution channels, including major OTAs like Booking.com, Ctrip, Google, AirBnB, TripAdvisor, and more all in one place.
- Quickly add booking capability to your website with no upfront costs.
The Exchange exponentially accelerates the development and global distribution of U.S. tourism products, increasing the volume, reach and diversity of suppliers.
Partners – Just a few of the partners that can help Virginia’s businesses grow.
The Exchange has partnered with globally recognized connected booking systems, as well as distribution channel partners.
CONNECTED BOOKING SYSTEM PARTNERS
The Exchange is already connected to many popular industry booking systems and channel managers, including Bookeo, SiteMinder, FareHarbor, and more. With the ability to pull rates and availability from your booking system, this information is updated throughout the platform in real time.
DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL PARTNERS
Distributors gain access to live availability, pricing and content for accommodations, tours, events and attractions. The network of distributors features major OTAs, industry leaders and niche partners, including Booking.com, Expedia, Google, and more.
How does it work?
Tourism Exchange USA enables suppliers (e.g accommodations, tours, attractions) to manage live availability, pricing and bookings across multiple distributors, in its one-stop exchange.
Connecting Works for Everyone
Suppliers: Hotels, Tours, Attractions, Events, etc.
- Connect an existing booking system directly to the Exchange or take advantage of built-in accommodation and attraction booking tools for no upfront cost
- Select and digitally contract with new distribution partners/channels to increase sales
- Manage bookings through multiple distribution partners/channels to decrease costs and drive need periods
Distributors: Online Travel Agents (OTAs), Tour Operators, etc.
- Source new products and content at no cost
- Access high-quality destinations and experience imagery and descriptions for your own marketing needs to better position and sell products to your customers
- Work with destinations like Virginia to create more robust and better targeted marketing campaigns that generate more sales
Destinations: Local Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and Municipal, County, and Tribal Governments
- Create more distribution opportunities for your partners, increase efficiency, reduce costs, and keep more visitor dollars inside local communities
- Enable OTAs, tour operators, receptives and travel agents to present a more compelling and complete view of your destination by showcasing a wider variety of products
- Link bookable products to DMO content and facilitate content-as-a-service marketing initiatives with global distributors
Supplier Webinar Series
VTC’s International Team is excited to share that as part of the Tourism Exchange USA’s continued effort to engage and educate suppliers and to help create more opportunities for DMOs to promote the Exchange, they have created a series of upcoming supplier webinars. The following webinars are an introduction to Tourism Exchange USA for suppliers of accommodation and activity products. They will review the benefits of joining the Exchange along with the supplier onboarding process.