What is the Virginia Tourism Corporation DMO Marketing Program?
The Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) announces that applications are open for the Virginia DMO Marketing Grant. Please read this information and then scroll down to see the application.
The Virginia DMO Marketing Grant purpose is to assist Virginia DMOs with marketing their destinations by providing funding to supplement the DMO existing marketing budget. Programs that promote overnight visitation and have high economic impact will score higher.
As a reminder, only ONE application per DMO is allowed.
PLEASE NOTE: This application cycle for the VTC DMO Marketing Program differs from past VTC Special Events and Festivals Sponsorship Program applications. Below is a quick overview of the changes:
- Different online application than in the past.
- Award announcements will be made in-mid April. Programs must be completed by October 15, 2024.
- Eligible expenses that have occurred six months prior (August 1, 2022) to the due date of February 28, 2023 can be used as part of your marketing plan and may be reimbursable upon successful award notification.
- One 6-month extension may be granted in special circumstances.
- Drop down boxes for certain questions.
- One funding tier:
- $20,000 maximum award with a 50% cash or in-kind match.
- Specific allowances on valuing earned and owned media.
Please review the Word Document that contains an application template and helpful instructions to help you complete your application. Please review the Terms and Conditions of this program. This is a reimbursement program.
- Applications are due by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
- NO extensions to this deadline will be possible.
- Award announcements will be made by mid-April 2023.