Join us in honoring the #SpiritOfTravel.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency is having an unprecedented impact on the travel industry and the entire economy. Now more than ever, the travel and tourism community must come together, support each other and remind our country that even through the most difficult times, the Spirit of Travel cannot be broken.
VTC will be honoring the #SpiritOfTravel May 3-9 for National Travel and Tourism Week.
VTC Content Schedule
Each day of National Travel & Tourism Week, VTC will push out themed content to support all of the various, important parts of our tourism industry. The week will culminate with the Great Virginia Oyster Roast — a virtual backyard celebration of all things Virginia. The Oyster Roast is a celebration of everything that makes Virginia so special — and a celebration of the Spirit of Travel.
Content will be shared on all social channels and virginia.org/nttw.
- Sunday: The Spirit of Travel | Kick off content and cue up what to expect for the week.
- Monday: Small Town LOVE | Highlights charming small towns across the Commonwealth
- Tuesday: Takeout Tuesday | Supports our restaurant industry
- Wednesday: Iconic Virginia | Highlights Virginia attractions, historic homes, zoos, aquariums and more.
- Thursday: Thirsty Thursday | Highlights craft beer, wine, spirits/cocktails
- Friday: Fresh Air Fridays | Highlighting outdoor rec, state parks, natural reserves, etc.
- Saturday: The Great Virginia Oyster Roast | Supports the oyster industry, craft beverages, local ingredients, etc.
Tourism Matters Video Series
Use the following videos to support your local tourism industry. YouTube is ideal for sharing, but Vimeo will allow you to download and use the videos as needed.
View the full YouTube Playlist here.
US Travel Toolkit and Messaging
US Travel created a helpful toolkit and messaging guidelines for NTTW on their website.
- This National Travel and Tourism Week honors the spirit of travel in recognition of the industry’s strength, selflessness and resiliency.
- Although we can’t meet in person, we can stay connected, unified and supportive of each other from afar, rallying around the #SpiritOfTravel.
- Communities benefit from the spirit of travel, which permeates through small businesses, unique landmarks and all those who welcome residents and visitors alike with a smile and hospitality. It’s hard to imagine CITY without SPORTS TEAM, RESTAURANT, HOTEL, VISITOR ATTRACTION, etc.
- The spirit of travel isn’t only found in far-off places. When residents embrace the spirit of travel by supporting local businesses and helping their neighbors, they are also playing a key role in rebuilding their community—and America.
- It is things like DESTINATION LANDMARK or FAMOUS BUSINESS that make CITY truly feel like home to every one of our residents.
- When the time is right, the travel and tourism industry will be integral to our nation’s recovery—for the economy and American jobs. But it is the spirit of travel that will heal our country’s morale.