The Statewide Tourism Plan highlights key areas driving the future of tourism from the industry’s perspective. Review this plan as a blueprint on what segments of the tourism industry Virginia should focus on to succeed in an over-competitive market.
- The recommendations are comprised from the input PWC has received from a wide range of organizations and individuals throughout Virginia. This outreach produced a stronger report because of the level of interest, participation, and commitment shown throughout its development from members of the tourism sector and local governments.
- The Strategic Plan is built upon three core components: Authenticity, Connectivity and Visitor Experience.
- What will set Virginia apart from its competitors will be its ability to focus and prioritize its development on key lures in a deliberate consumer-oriented approach. Getting it right means doing the fundamentals exceptionally well.
- Key to this commitment to excellence is Virginia’s ability to satisfy visitors through building quality, authentic experiences, exceeding expectations, building essential infrastructure, and connecting with communities that host those visitors.
- For Virginia to win, all Virginia travel partners must look at the big picture of what is at stake: How can you partner as a region and think critically about the challenges you collectively face? How can you work together to develop a strategy for the future?
- The whole of the Virginia travel industry plays a crucial role in delivering this ambitious strategy and achieving the outcomes you want for your region – for your communities – for your future.
Development Hub & Spoke Example
Current Development Hub & Spoke by Locality
Statewide Tourism Plan Resources
Regional Summaries – PDFs