The LGBTQ+ community represents people with gender identities and orientations including Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Asexual, Intersex, Non-Binary and others. » see full glossary
It’s more important than ever to let LGBTQ+ travelers know your lodging, culinary, shopping, events, museums, music, weddings, meetings, and outdoor experiences are safe and welcoming. As you familiarize yourself with your LGBTQ+ audience, don’t hesitate to connect with your local partners who live and work in your area, and are the best resource for finding and sharing your local experiences that Queer travelers will
A common misconception partners make is perceiving “Everyone knows we’re friendly to everyone.” Out-of-state (and in-state) visitors have no way of knowing unless you tell them, and show them you are. You accomplish this in your marketing, sharing messages, images and content of LGBTQ+ people enjoying your business, event and experience.
Connect LGBTQ+ visitors who want safe, authentic and welcoming Virginia experiences with YOU and your unique, inclusive travel experience you work so hard to create, sustain and grow.
* For partnership ideas, contact Wirt Confroy » [email protected] | 804.545.5552
These Top Opportunities with VTC will help maximize your awareness with LGBTQ+ visitors:
~ Add or Update your free listing at https://admin.virginia.org
* Be sure and select the LGBTQ+ friendly option when describing your business
* Expand your reach with multiple listings (events, wedding venues, trip ideas)
* For assistance, contact VTC’s Robin Mamunes » [email protected] | 804.545.5545
~Partner with our social channels: @visitgayva – Instagram | @VisitGayVA – Twitter
* Use #visitgayva when sharing from your social channels
~Request the Virginia is for Pride Lovers® Logo
~Leverage VTC’s LGBTQ+ Travel images in your marketing.
*Explore our Widen collection images, or search for your product/destination in the catalog.
Why market to LGBTQ+ Travelers?
- LGBTQ+ travelers travel more, stay longer and spend more money
- LGBTQ+ travelers spend an estimated $57 billion in the U.S., annually
- Travel more and have the largest disposable income than any niche market
- LGBTQ+ consumers make nearly 10% of the U.S. market
- Virginia’s top travel feeder markets compliment the LGBT travel market, including DC/NOVA, Baltimore and Charlotte with direct flight access from Boston, Atlanta and Chicago
- A destination’s reputation for being LGBTQ+-friendly is the primary motivator for selection