VTC has partnered with Crowdriff to offer the Localhood platform to all DMO partners, bringing cohesive, dynamic and engaging content to travelers interested in Virginia.
This partnership allows content collaboration and integration across our statewide industry, helping to drive awareness, inspiration and engagement. And it unlocks a “marketing without borders” approach that levels the playing field for all of our partners, regardless of size, enabling you to amplify messages more broadly and targeted then posting on your own.
How does it work?
You’ll have access to CrowdRiff’s Localhood Stories platform, which enables you to create compelling visual content that can be shared across virginia.org, embedded on your own website and even indexed to appear in online search results – at no cost to you!
A few examples of how stories can appear:
How can I join?
- View the VTC Localhood Launch Webinar (passcode: crowdriff1!) to learn more about the program.
- You may also download the presentation deck here.
- Then sign up for a VTC Localhood account and select a Training Session to attend.
I’m signed up! Where do I begin?
- Plan Your Stories
- Review the Creative Guidelines
- Review the VTC Localhood Content Calendar
- Map out your stories
- Maximize SEO
- Use key search terms in your story title, and keep the title below 40 characters.
- Use contextual names for the image/video files you’re uploading.
- Always fill out” swipe up” fields with key search terms.
- Embed galleries on as many different domains as you can.
- Create Your Stories
- Publish Your Stories
- Track Your Results
Need some help?
- Contact Elaine Logashov
- Sign up for a Localhood Retraining Webinar, held weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon.
- General support: CrowdRiff Localhood Support Site