“Virginia is for …” is VTC’s flagship campaign that defines the brand and challenges perceptions of Virginia as a vacation destination by featuring an abundance of experiences from outdoor beauty to family fun to the local food and culture that surrounds it.
Questions? Contact Lindsey Norment.
- Grow awareness in new markets.
- Drive top-of-mind consideration in new and existing markets.
Audience: The Enriched Traveler
- Ages 25-54
- Average HHI $131k
- Married, 43% with children
- Seeks to be enriched through travel
- Grow and create memories with their family & children
- Favor a variety of attractions and destinations, including the beach, mountains, cities, and historical sites.
- Try new experiences, including food.
- Want to learn about & experience different cultures. Immerse themselves with residents
New York, NY
Timing: February – November 2023
Based on our research, we know the top experiences that travelers are seeking on a vacation. We also know the strengths that Virginia has to offer as a destination.
We have combined these insights into the following campaign pillars:
- Outdoor beauty, from shoreline to skyline
- Unexpected Family Experiences
- Local Culture & Food Scene
The voice/tone is fun, funny and upbeat. We occasionally break the fourth wall with funny, contemplative interjections.
Virginia is for mountain hikers, beach chair sitters, oyster shuckers and brewery hoppers, museum goers – and, well, you get the idea. Virginia is for all sorts of lovers. So come love it for yourself!